Flasher Archive

Subject: Re: FLASH: John C:Mery Christmas flash greetings
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 05:54:23 GMT

Hi Yuri,

> >Its size could easily be much smaller.
> Do you mean like in pixels ore in bytes?
Byte size, of course.

> In pixels I can imagine that I could make the entire animation a bit
> smaller, and define it's size bigger in the html coding (is this possible?)
Making a vector image smaller does not change its byte size.
Making a Flash movie smaller in the editor then expanding it in HTML
serves no purpose. The only reason to make an image smaller (other than
aesthetic) is so that it will play faster. Generally the smaller the
portion of a screen that action takes place in a Flash animation, the
faster the animation can be.

> And if we talk about streaming, do you mean that if I create an animation
> that is very long like over 400 frames it starts playing sooner than when I
> have a mc which is just in the first frame playing?
If your whole movie is contained in a single Movie Clip in frame one
then the movie will not stream. everyting in the Movie Clip will have to
load before it will start playing.

The same animation placed on the main timeline will play the first frame
of the animation as soon as that first frame is loaded and additional
frames as soon as they are loaded. It will stream.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/