Flasher Archive

Subject: Re: FLASH: Sarah, mac os9 problems
From: Sarah Lamont
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:24:07 GMT

thanks for your suggestion, I really appreciate it.

I looked on the macromedia site, and on www.macintouch.com to see if
there were any conflicts between flash and mas os9 and it doesn't seem
that there is...
Maybe it's a problem with having virtual memory turned on? Does anyone
know if Flash reacts the same way as Photoshop with virtual memory?
Well... I suppose if I can't fix it I may as well get used to not using
the keyboard shortcuts... which is super aggravating when I am so used
to using them now. BLAH.

Another thing I forgot to mention, that is even weirder, though, is that
when I press, say, f6, it doesn't just not work. Instead, a error pop up
box appears prompting me to set my hot keys to open applications. This
box tells me to go to the keyboard settings to do this. So that isn't
anything to do with flash, it's something from the control panel. This
would kind of lead me to believe that maybe it is a Mac Os 9 conflict,
even though there seems to be no literature about this. But who am I to say....

thanks to everyone.
§arah

Malvika Mitchell wrote:

> Sarah, i know you mentioned some other problems you were having. may be the
> hot keys not working is related to you having installed mac os 9 on your new
> computer.
>
> May be Macromedia has an answer?
>
> Malvika

---{:practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty:}---

flasher is generously supported by...