Flasher Archive

Subject: Re: creating a button with looped sound/4 Sound Syncs
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:49:10 +0100

Hi Yuri,
>> There are 4 Sound Syncs: Event, Start, Stop, and Stream each of these
>> pertain to an individual sound by going to
>> Frame Properties > Sound > Sound:
>> Guess what Stop does? It stops an individual sound selected in Sound:
> Oke after some while I managed to get the sound stopping on roll out, but
> not corresponding to your story.
Of course you followed my directions. All sounds are entered in Frame
Properties.

> This is what I did:
> Select the button in the Library and "edit". In the 'over' part starts a
> sound. Now in the 'up part' I selected the same sound and gave it a
> 'sync;stop'. and the sound actually stops.
You went to Frame Properties of the button frames on the button
timeline.
True, I didn't give directions to the button timeline but sounds can be
added to any timeline frame (Button, Main, Movie Clip, etc.).

> But my next step will be, that I
> want the sound to fade away when rolling out of the hit area. Do you know
> how we should do this?
Since all button actions (including sound) cease when the Button Event
has stopped, you can't expect a sound to continue after a Roll Out has
finished.
You could use a Movie Clip or a separate movie (swf file) using Load
Movie.
If you are using Scenes and the sound might continue across scene
boundaries then if you don't want the sound to stop when going to the
next Scene then you should use separate movie using Load Movie (instead
of a Movie Clip) to contain your sound.
Alternatively, you could go to a another frame on the main timeline to
add your sound (this is the Flash 2 procedure).