Subject: Re: UKNM: Poor web site design
From: Jo Chipchase
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:07:58 +0100

>Jo Chipchase wrote:
>> You could perhaps say the same for website awards (e.g. Yell). I bet Joe
>> > Public would make *very* different selections to the new meeja folk who
>> > decide who to nominate... heh heh. :)
>
>Then Duncan Clubb wrote:
>> Good point - in fact, take a look at the Yell 'Internet mag readers award'
>> nominations and see if any of them appeared in any other category! Having said
>> that, the nice new meeja folk gave us two nominations, so I'll shut right up now.
>
>So what's your opinion on the Web design of the overall winner (UK Web
>Site of the Year)?

Birds in a Cheshire garden... hmmm... don't like the grey dithered
background image and is that a cumbersome left-hand frame I see... tsch...
what is the web design world coming to?

Incidentally, I'm sure one of the previous year's winners worked for an
agency that was related somehow to Yell... but I can't remember exactly.
(sticks head back under the parapet)

Jo.