Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: Re: Re: Waitrose man in The Guardian
From: Tim Ireland
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:39:07 GMT

"Amanda Quinn" <amanda [dot] quinnatjav [dot] co [dot] uk> said:
> Tim thats a little unfair, was the unnamed person not talking about how to
> optimise pick & pack with the current delivery options available rather
than
> the one hour delivery service where stores would be so useful? A central
> warehouse would considerably reduce the pick & pack time, reduce
congextion
> in the stores, and reduce previously referred to substitutions.

Considering how many unrealistic delivery models have fallen flat on their
face in the last year and a half, I think Tesco are being very responsible
about this. A new thought for new meeja, but there you go.

The current system allows you to shop from your local store without leaving
the house. It works.

I can't rule out any new developments, because I don't make policy decisions
for Tesco - but I'm pretty proud to do work for them and:

1) I believe in their product as it stands
2) I'm impressed by their commitment to improving it whenever/wherever they
can

Tim Ireland
Director of Marketing
www.designercity.com

PS - We all know the reaction(s) we get at parties when we tell people what
we do for a living. If I think this is going to be a problem, I just tell
them that I work for Tesco.

;o)