Subject: UKNM: RE: Boxes outside Doors
From: John Braithwaite
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:25:29 GMT

Tom wrote:
My guess is that it won't take long before you get teams of blokes in vans
with the right equipment who'll whizz round the 'burbs, ripping these things
out form the ground(camera and all) and dismantling them in their own time
in some lock-up somewhere...

JB Writes:
Tom - I think you've forgotten that, unless watched, in the majority of
cases the boxes will be empty. Even if 'shopping' increases, I reckon that
maybe only 5-10% maximum of these boxes will be actually filled at any one
time. If the cameras on them don't 'hold' their pictures (i.e. when you
steal the box, you don't get the images) then it's a pretty risky process
for any burglar. Especially if the alarm system also dials-up to the
Rozzers. Imaging the robbers going to all this trouble if all they get out
of twenty boxes nicked are a few software manuals, a case of wine and a bag
of salad and Pastagustos (probably the best lazy-food out!).

And another big advantage about being delivered to home rather than the
office (as someone mentioned elsewhere) is that you don't have to carry the
stuff so far. Imagine ordering three dozen bottles of your favourite
Chardonnay and then trying to get this home on the bus.

Seminars, exhibitions, networking events, parties, conferences.
Finding it difficult to keep up and plan ahead?

Sign up for Chinwag's weekly new media events newsletter,
all the events you need to know about, direct to your inbox.

http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/e_index.shtml