Subject: Re: UKNM: Three cheers Amazon UK
From: Ian Betteridge
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:46:53 GMT

Stefan Magdalinski wrote:

> Re: VC stuff
> If I remember rightly, this was all there when it was plucky UK-startup
> BookPages. As was the vastly superior(to amazon US) search capabilities.
> But would anyone invest in them in the UK?

Well that's the point, isn't it? Bookpages was distinctly undercapitalised,
thanks to UK VC's being a useless bunch. Their MD was actually turned down
by one VC on the grounds that "we've already invested in an internet
company"...

Ian Betteridge News Editor, MacUser UK
W: 0171 917 3872 M: 07957 235463
H: 01273 695488