Subject: Re: UKNM: Search Engines
From: Sam Carrington
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:16:45 +0100

Hi Chris,
Using company email services does expose the company you work for to
action resulting from the airing of your views, especially in cases of
libel or defamation. There is also (probably) a clause in your contract
of employment relating to external communications. I couldn't see
anything potentially harmful to Agency in your post, and thought you
made a lot of sense (no pun). However it might be wiser to include a
disclaimer of some description, or post from an external account (web
mail will of course still contain reference to the originating IP,
unless you use an anonymous proxy) if you do wish to go 'off message'
from your employer in any way. I would check on company policy. I'm
pretty sure though, that the head honchos at agency.com have as much
concern about you posting your views on Banners as mine do when I post
mine about Acrobat. What others read into your opinions and the source
of your posting being an agency.com mail server is their own concern.

Unfortunately some disclaimers end up almost as long as the email they
refer to ;-)

--
sam carrington // senior web developer // sensei.co.uk
The opinions expressed above are those of the sender and do not

The biggest, best Chinwag Networking party...ever...
**27th September 2000** put it in your diaries now
RSVP to http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/party.shtml
To sponsor the event email spareanychangeatchinwag [dot] com

generously supported by...
*** DoubleClick *** http://www.doubleclick.net
The leading provider of comprehensive global Internet
advertising solutions for marketers and Web publishers.