Subject: RE: UKNM: Re: Re: Waitrose man in The Guardian
From: Richard Bailey
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:40:47 GMT

I would have though given that tescos and the other supermarket giants make
2%-3% profit tops it would be a tricky thing to do without charging more.
The cost of a van, fule and other factors might make food and other low
margin goods hard to deliver in a short time for profit. We all know the
logic that pizza costs more if a teenager on a scooter brings it round, how
could you do the same with shopping in an hour without a huge loss making
introduction program.

Richard