Subject: Re: UKNM: Is it just me....
From: Steve Johnston
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 12:09:52 GMT

Iain,

I have no vested interest in attacking your double-speak.

It would be great if your humility was genuine, but you are pouring hogwash
upon hogwash. The utter disingenousness of "and we simply felt that it
should be brought to the attention of parents, toy manufacturers and the
public in general." is breathtaking.

Your puff for Envisional led the journalists to state that porn sites were
deliberately using branded toy names to lure children to their sites - quite
for what purpose I have no idea; are children now being issued with credit
cards?? 12,000 examples of this !! Do me a favour!

Now you are claiming that you were doing it for the good of humanity, and
that if we all go and put the word Man and Action into a search engine we
will get a porn site or two. Erm, we should be surprised at this? And I love
your offence at the disingenuousness of your client's competitors - classic!

Envisional have disgraced themselves in front of the industry they seek to
serve by using the crass tactic of exploiting consumer fears about internet
safety to promote what appears to me now to be highly suspect abilities in
this space. I hope the press coverage you got for Envisional generates them
plenty of leads as there will be very few coming from the highly influential
audience of UKNM.

Me, I don't believe that all news is good news - the words Industry and
Disrepute come to mind - and I'd fire you.

Incidentally, I am a parent of three kids under the age of ten.

Steve Johnston.
e: steveatjohnston [dot] co [dot] uk
t: +44 (0) 7050 6050 33
w: http://www.johnston.co.uk/